We reap what we sow
& we cook as we are.
KNOWING WHERE IT COMES FROM.
How regional is our cooking? In our cooking we re-forge ‘old’ routes together, create a consciousness for local foods while paying attention to sustainability and quality.
So what do colourfully dappled meadows and aromatic woodland slopes taste like?
IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO PLEASURE.
Our ingredients are naturally good, the menu brings together our aspirations towards origins, regionality and seasonality in a way that is original and non-negotiable.
TIMELESS PASSION FOR GOOD FOOD.
A flair for natural flavours on your plate, for high quality food and its skilful processing – palpable, visible and wholly in keeping with our taste.
A PLACE FOR DELICIOUS HOME-MADE DELECTATION.
We have always been inspired by grandma’s recipe book, gathering up recipes that are deeply rooted in tradition and at the same time moving with the times.
Garnished with fruit & freshly embellished.
WHEN THERE IS AN AROMA OF A MOUNTAIN SUMMER.
Early birds, power breakfast lovers and those who enjoy a long-lie get to experience just how delicious and natural a little piece of joy can be at this, most favourite time of day.
Hearty baking with twirls & swirls.
WHEN THE DAY IS TREATED TO A BREAK.
A hearty slice of cake in the afternoon. A little intermezzo with a cappuccino and some dolce vita. And putting the world on silent for a while.
Dished up & finely prepared.
PLEASURE TAKES A SEAT RIGHT HERE.
Crowning the evening with gourmet Alpine highlights. Enjoying a sensory experience of the wealth of Tyrolean creative cooking. With a wonderfully bedecked table and carefully selected wines.
NATURE PROVIDES US WITH EVERYTHING THAT WE NEED.
When we capture the aromatic image of the landscapes that surround the Hotel Johanna, we are bound to protect and safeguard the treasure nature provides us with. Trusting our gut instincts and acting in a responsible manner with our resources, in harmony with people, animals and nature.
Still celebrated, originally interpreted and awaited with anticipation, our Fish Friday always refreshes. A genuine source of life for us.
Humming, sunny, truly heavenly. A special gem of nature. This is how our landscape is defined. It's a place with history, the origin of fresh inspiration, the home of our family. And that of our precious foods.
7.30 – 10.00
- Fresh bread from the village bakery around the corner
- Milk, yogurt and butter from Ötztal farms
- Mountain cheese from Tyrolean Alpine pastures
- Finely sliced ham and speciality meats from the region
- Tyrolean honey from the surrounding areas
- The finest jams and home-made spreads
- Crisp fruit and vegetables from Tyrol
- Fresh ground seed mix from our Swiss pine seed mill
- An extensive selection of muesli and cereals
- Quality tea from Sonnentor organic farm
- Fresh roasted premium coffee direct from Tyrolean coffee roasters
- Vibrant, fresh fruit juices
- Fresh spring water straight from the mountain, flavoured or pure
- Champagne breakfast on Sunday
14.00 – 17.00
- Delicious treats fresh from the oven, the finest pastries and fruit strudel from grandma’s little recipe book
- Aromatic speciality coffees from Tyrolean coffee roasters and a selection of high quality teas by Sonnentor
- Fresh spring water direct from the mountain
- And juicy apples throughout the hotel from the gardens of Tyrol
18.30 – 20.00
- Enjoy superior quality Johanna indulgence – with 4 courses and numerous options to choose from
- Every Sunday the weekend has a culinary crowning finale – with a special 5-course indulgent menu and enchanting seasonal creations for palate and soul
- Every Friday we have freshly caught trout from Ötztal
- Our game is local, coming direct from hunting areas in the vicinity
- We are also attentive when it comes to cooking. And since we don’t just use the prime cuts in our menus, but the whole product, from ‘stalk to leaf’, we create all kinds of meat, fish and vegetable dishes, superb stocks and meals where nothing is wasted.
- We do of course pay heed to allergies and food intolerances. Our menus can be prepared as vegetarian options too. Please let us know your requirements before you arrive.
- Welcome package for stays of 2 nights and over
- Access to Johanna SPA including wellness bag and cosy bathing robe for stays of 4 nights and over
- Free glass-fibre internet and state-of-the-art Smart television
- Digital guest information system after check-in
- Selection of daily newspapers and journals in our lobby
- Free car parking right at the hotel, with E-charging station
SERVICES IN WINTER
- free guided winter hikes
- Complimentary ski shuttle to the surrounding ski areas
- Locked and heated ski storage for your ski equipment
- Ski rental – discount with our selected partners in Sölden and Oetz
SERVICES IN SUMMER
- free guied hikes
- Locked bike room with charging facilities for e-bikes, repair corner, and bike washing station
- Specially designed tour suggestions for motorcyclists, rental of maps, free motorcycle garage, and complimentary trailer parking, “repair corner” with essential tools, drying room for wet clothing